Echo360’s EchoCenter is your one-stop dashboard for accessing recorded lectures related to your course. Like the student interface, the instructor view of the EchoCenter:
- Lists each Echo for the class, with details about the recording
- Shows any course notes (bookmarks) you’ve added to recordings you’ve already viewed.
- Shows recent chat and discussion activity for the class.
- Allows you to access live webcasts. Not all classes include live webcasts.
- Lists “other” recordings that may be in process or are unavailable.
In addition to these general features, the instructor view of the EchoCenter can also:
- Display viewing statistics for each recording
- Display graphic summaries of the cumulative viewing statistics for all recordings in the course.
The following screen image shows how these features are laid out on the EchoCenter main screen:
You can use the numbered areas above with the information below to learn about each area of the Echocenter interface.
1 Course Statistics
The Course Statistics area shows you views by Echo and by week.
Select the View Trends By Echo option in the drop-down list to see how many times an Echo was viewed and the number of unique viewers. Select the View Trends By Week option in the drop-down list to see how many Echoes were viewed by week and the number of unique viewers.
2 Course Echoes
Here you will find a list of all Echoes in the course currently available for viewing, with recordingh date and time. Yuo can view the Echo by clicking the Play button on the far right.
3 Statistics, Information, Discussion, & Bookmark Icons
The icons shown here change the information displayed in the lower right area of the screen.
4 Echo Statistics
The default view here shows for each selected recording the unique and cumulative views, average percentage completion, discussion activity, and level of interest at different points in the recording.
5 Recent Activity
This area displays the latest discussion board postings and participation options related to the selected recording. The same information is displayed in the lower right area when the Discussion icon is selected.