Getting Started with Echo360 Classroom Lecture CaptureThe following provide essential information on the Echo360 lecture capture system for all faculty: email@example.com.
Getting Started with Desktop Lecture Capture ToolsTo learn more about our desktop recording tools and determine which tool is right for you, see our post Capture Lectures from your Desktop, Laptop, or Mobile Device. Once you have selected a tool and made arrangements to obtain the appropriate software and user account, the following tutorials will be useful.
Echo360 Personal Capture
Camtasia Web Relay
- The Recording Process (Video)
- Creating Desktop Recordings Using Camtasia Web Relay
- Using Camtasia Relay’s Portable Recorder
PoliciesPolices and procedures related to the use of lecture capture tools can be found through our HR Policies & Procedures website
Lecture Capture Best PracticesThe following offer suggestions for successful classroom and desktop lecture recordings.
- Classroom Lecture Capture Checklist
- Best Practices for Desktop Recording
- Microphone Placement for Videoconferencing and Lecture Capture
Additional ResourcesEcho360’s LectureCapture.com and Learning Center sites provide excellent resources to learn more about lecture capture and the EchoSystem. Techsmith, the producers of Camtasia Web Relay, offer a series of educational tutorials on the use of desktop screencasting. They also describe how Camtasia helps Teachers Use Technology to Flip Their Classrooms. Recommended articles on the subject of lecture capture include:
- Deal, A. (2007). Lecture webcasting: A teaching with technology white paper. Carnegie Mellon. retrieved July 18, 2012, from http://www.cmu.edu/teaching/resources/PublicationsArchives/StudiesWhitepapers/LectureWebcasting_Jan07.pdf
- Martyn, M. (2009). Engaging lecture capture: Lights, camera… interaction! EDUCAUSE Quarterly. Retreived July 18, 2012, from http://www.educause.edu/ero/article/engaging-lecture-capture-lights-camera%E2%80%A6-interaction
- Lecture Capture: A Guide to Effective Use
- Educational Podcasting
- 7 Things You Should Know about Lecture Capture
- Faculty Podcasting Tipsheet
- Lecture Capture – Educational Issues
- Lecture Capture Overview